I was tagged in a Writer’s Meme a few days ago by the current moderator of #5MinuteFiction, Nicole Wolverton. So, let’s give this a wurl.
- Answer the ten TNBT questions listed below about your current WIP.
- Tag five other writers and link to their blogs so we can hop over and read their answers
My Challenge Answers:
1. What is the title of your book/WIP?
I actually have more than one WIP going. But my primary one is THE PRODIGAL COWBOY. My other ones don’t have titles yet.
2. Where did the idea for the book come from?
This plot bunny has been dancing around in my brain for years. But I finally decided to start writing the story for a NaNoWriMo Challenge. I also worked on it for Fictionista’s Writer’s Collective. But it’s still not finished.
3. What genre would your book fall under?
Contemporary Western Romance. Bring on the wrangler butts!
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Hmmm…. Let’s see… How about this one first?
Okay! I’m kidding!! Actually I don’t have a clue on who I would want for my main characters. But for a couple of my secondary characters I would love to have a young Keifer Sutherland, Tom Selleck, and Sam Elliot.
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Ten years on the rodeo circuit made Quinn Morgan a National Champion, but it didn’t erase the sting of Tori Richards rejecting his marriage proposal. Now he’s back in town, ready to rope the talented horse trainer in hopes of a second chance.
6. Is your book published or represented?
No. I need to finish it first.
7. How long did it take you to write?
It’s a work-in-progress. A long progress. I started it in November of 2010. I’m sitting at around 62,000 words and would like it to get to 80,000. I just need to work on it rather than the shiny new ones dancing in my head.
8. What other books within your genre would you compare it to?
Let’s see…. THAT SAME OLD FEELING by Judith Duncan, COWBOY FEVER by Joanne Kennedy, and ones by Beth Williamson/Emma Lang, Lorelei James, Linda Lael Miller, just to name a few Contemporary Western Romance writers.
9. Which authors inspired you to write this book?
The initial inspiration came from reading Judith Duncan’s THAT SAME OLD FEELING. But the authors who have inspired me are the ones who have been my cheering squad, Seleste de Laney, Joanne Kennedy, and others. Without them and their words of encouragement and wisdom, my WIP would not be where it is now.
10. Tell us anything else that might pique our interest in your book.
It has cowboys, sex, and rodeo. What else could you want in a book??
These are the five writers I‘m tagging, whom I interact with online: